How has your break been? It has definitely been a wonderful Christmas vacation. Now, onto the New Year... I am thrilled to be sharing a fun tutorial that will take care of all of those important women in your life. You will be able to get your birthday gifts done for the year. We will be using the Christmas Tree Ornament frames that will be at a HUGE discount right now! I mean lets face it, right now seems like a hard time to run out and buy a years worth of presents but it is DEFINITELY worth it and VERY cost effective. The frames full price are $4.99 and the Triple Thick is $5.99 and you will get a TON of projects done with it. I purchased the frames in the Christmas ornament aisle. They will be at a HUGE discount because all of the stores are closing out there Christmas decorations.
The very first thing you will need to do is print off an image or initial that you would like to place in the frame. Each frame opening is a different size so measure approximately. It does not have to be exact.
The magic shiny stuff is the Triple Thick. It is from Hobby Lobby and I am sure you can get it online for those of you who do not have a Hobby Lobby.
I cut the image to fit the frame.
I took four little dots of mod podge and adhered the image to the glass and put the frame back together.
I added a lobster clip to the top of the frame so it can be attached to any piece of jewelry, purse, or accessory.
The Triple Thick will give your frame the appearance of the extremely hard to use resin without having to mix and deal with all of the chemicals. It will give your project the look of the custom made jewelry. Use what you need and then put the lid on. It will be waiting for your next project.
There are some helpful hints using this stuff I will share at the end. For now you will take a plastic knife and dip it in like you are getting honey out of a jar. Yes, I twist it around until there are no drips. Take the Triple Thick and let it run into the glass, do not touch it. For larger surfaces you will need to dip the knife in a couple of times. It will run and fill in the spaces.
My kids even got in on the action...
It will dry with a clear, high gloss finish, that looks like custom jewelry. Only you will know how easy it really is!
- The less you mess with the Triple Thick the smoother it will be.
- If you get bubbles don't try popping them, it is EVIL, the more you pop the more you get in the finish. I have no idea why. It goes back to #1. Let it run off of your knife and don't try smoothing it. If you have one large bubble take a tooth pick and barely touch the surface. Other than that do not get carried away.
- Pour it on a smooth, flat, surface.
- It will be cloudy, the drier it gets the clearer it will become.
- It will take about a week for it to dry. Pour it and leave it alone.
- Have fun and be creative!
- As always, I am MORE than happy to answer any questions if I seem to ramble. Please email me
JOIN my GIVEAWAY, who wouldn't want a Pretty Red Ice Cream Maker!
SCREAM! Yes, I am nearing the milestone of 100,000 page views! It is TIME to PARTY! ...And to thank all of my LOYAL followers, viewers, new friends, & everyone else out there in blogging land, plus a chance to wish you a MERRY CHRISTMAS, I am giving away this FABULOUS Cuisinart appliance. A beautiful, red, Frozen Yogurt Ice Cream Maker. You can make the most delicious ice cream in about twenty minutes, no mess, no salt, no ice, just creamy deliciousness.
Here is how to win:
- Become a Follower & Comment about this awesome giveaway, if you are already a follower, leave me a comment. one entry each.
- Facebook the giveaway: Example: Visit, thethreesweetpeas.blogspot.com for a chance to win this amazing Cuisinart Appliance, share the love. one entry each
- Refer your friends! Make sure they note who referred them. one entry each
The Winner will be announced on Monday 2nd!
Cuisinart did not donate the appliance.
Hope you enjoy!